Be Wise – Cannabis and Older Adults - MP3 E-Publication
Working with the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB), Active Aging Canada is pleased to make available the entire Be Wise booklet as an e-publication. Read in both English and French (coming soon) by CNIB readers, this format allows the visually impaired, and anyone, to listen to the important information available in the Be Wise, Cannabis and Older Adults booklet as it is written.
Each file has one section from the booklet. Each section is titled, and where appropriate, there is a description of the content of the file.
01. Be Wise Cannabis And Older Adults
Cover Titles, Contact information, Copyright, ISBN Number, Disclaimer and Languages available.
02. How To Use This Publication
Explanation of the organization of the e-publication.
04. Cannabis And Older Adults
The introduction to the booklet.
06. About Active Aging Canadas
07. What's Inside
A quick overview of the sections of the Be Wise booklet.
08. Section Older Canadians And Cannabis Use
Statistical facts about older Canadians and cannabis use.
09. Why Older Adults Use Cannabis
10. What Older Canadians Told Us
Some of the results from surveys and focus groups conducted by Active Aging Canada.
11. Section Facts About Cannabis
Basic information about cannabis.
12. Two Varieties Of The Plant Are Used
The difference between the Sativa plant and the Indica plant.
13. THC And CBD Have Different Therapeutic Uses
Basic therapeutic uses of THC and CBD are explained.
14. Ways People Can Consume Cannabis
The various methods of using cannabis.
15. Recreational Cannabis
Recreational use, explained.
16. Self Therapeutic Cannabis
Self-therapeutic use, explained.
17. Medical Cannabis
Medical use, explained. Reasons to have a prescription for medical cannabis.
18. Section Cannabis And The Law
What is legal in Canada.
19. Average Cannabis Costs
Costs for dried cannabis, oil and capsules.
20. Where To Obtain Cannabis
Legal sources where you can buy cannabis products.
21. Where Cannabis Can Be Used
Where to legally use cannabis.
22. Purchasing Medical Cannabis
Explains the process of getting a prescription for medical cannabis and how to get it filled.
23. How Cannabis Is Sold
Legal venues for cannabis sales.
24. Cannabis Content Labeling
What to look for on your cannabis product label.
25. Identifying Legal Cannabis Products
Labelling required by the Government of Canada to be on all cannabis products.
26. Packaging Labelling
Understanding cannabis product’s labels.
27. Travelling With Cannabis
How to travel with cannabis legally.
28. Cannabis Safety
Safe storage of cannabis.
29. Section Therapeutic Benefits
30. Cannabis Help With Health Issues
Understanding therapeutic benefits of cannabis.
31. Cannabis And Medical Conditions
32. Benefits Of Cannabis
Older adults anecdotal information.
33. Certain Kinds Of Pain
What types of pain cannabis is proven to help with.
Cannabis for arthritis.
35. Palliative Care
Cannabis use in palliative care.
36. Sleep And Insomnia
Cannabis use for sleep disorders.
37. Lack Of Appetite
Cannabis use for lack of appetite.
Cannabis and glaucoma.
39. Parkinson's Disease
Cannabis and Parkinson's Disease.
Cannabis and dementia.
41. Mental Health
Older adults mental health and cannabis.
42. Section Cannabis Side Effects And Risks
Potential side effects of cannabis use.
43. Older Adults Who Should NOT Use Cannabis
Older adults at risk if they use cannabis.
44. Risk Of Falls
Cannabis and falls.
45. Driving Risk
Driving while being under the influence of cannabis is illegal.
46. Addiction Risk
47. Withdrawal Risk
Risks if withdrawal following cannabis dependence.
48. Risk Of Overconsumption
Older adults and the risks of overconsumption.
49. Risks For Lifelong Cannabis Users
Known risks for life long users.
50. Using Cannabis And Alcohol
It’s not a good idea to mix the two. Here’s why.
51. Risks With Cannabis Use And Aging
Changes in the older adults body means different reactions to cannabis.
52. Section Aging And Cannabis
53. Cannabis And Its Effect On The Aging Body
Cannabis as it affects older adults.
54. Drug Interactions With Cannabis
Potential interactions of cannabis with prescription drugs.
55. Recreational Cannabis Use And Older Adults
Concerns older adults should consider before using cannabis recreationally.
56. If You Are Starting To Use Cannabis Or Start
If you start using cannabis or start again.
57. Cannabis And Age-Related Change
Ways cannabis can affect older adults differently.
58. Section Talking To Your Doctor About Cannabis
Things to consider before talking to your doctor about cannabis.
59. Talking With Your Doctor
Reasons to talk to your doctor about using cannabis.
60. Questions To Ask Your Doctor
Sample question s you might ask your doctor.
61. Section Dosing And Your Health Condition
62. Approved Dosing Instructions For My Health
What we know and don’t know about cannabis dosing, and suggestions about dosing.
63. Guidelines On Starting Dosages For Recreational Use
Suggested dosages for recreational use.
64. Guidelines On Starting Dosages For Therapeutic Use
Suggested dosages for therapeutic use.
65. Your Personal Usage Log
A log to chart your cannabis use.
66. References And Resources
Websites and references
67. It's Easy To Order Your Copy of Be Wise
List of consultants who worked on the Be Wise booklet.
69. Closing Credits
Credits for the e-publication.